Family Referral Program
The Family Referral Program is a permanent housing solution program designed for agencies to assist families experiencing homelessness and transition them seamlessly into subsidized housing with the local Public Housing Authority (PHA), the San Antonio Housing Authority (SAHA).
Case Managers are encouraged to complete an application on behalf of their clients!
Please note SARAH does not accept applications directly from clients.
Requirements of Referring Agencies
Requirements of Referring Agencies for NEED TYPE 1:
- Must provide the family with transition assistance, including deposit, first month’s rent, and furniture assistance
- Must conduct one site visit with the family in housing to discuss community resources that might be beneficial to the family
- Conduct follow-up after transitioning for a minimum of 90 days
Requirements of Referring Agencies for NEED TYPE 2:
- Assist family with complete and accurate application
- Conduct self-sufficiency assessment
*PLEASE NOTE – Your case worker MUST apply on your behalf. You cannot submit an application without a case worker. This case worker can be through a shelter, education system, outreach, etc.*
Who is Eligible?
- Families experiencing homelessness who voluntarily agree to the program
- Have no outstanding debt to PHA and meet criminal background requirements
- Meet eligibility threshold in Arizona Self-Sufficiency Matrix (included in eligibility packet)
- Income between 10% and 30% of Area Median Income (AMI)
Who Is Prioritized?
- Families with longer lengths of homelessness
- Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Families with an open Child Protective Services (CPS) case
How to Apply
Case Managers must refer potential program participants to the Family Referral Program. Click the button below to download the Family Referral Program Packet.Download Family Referral Program Packet
After completing this application with your client, click below to submit it.Submit Application